This is a homemade slingshot I finished today. It’s made from a ceder branch scavenged from the wood pile at our last visit to the cabin. The bands are a replacement set for a daisy slingshot from Wal-Mart. The handle is whipped with OD Green paracord and the lanyard is paracord also.
It was fairly easy to make:
- First cut the branch to appropriate size leaving a bit extra for final adjustments.
- Then debarked and did a little carving to fine tune the profile and handle.
- Sanded, sanded, and sanded some more.
- Drilled holes for bands and lanyard.
- Carved plugs for the bands from a piece of hardwood dowel.
- Did the whipping on the handle.
- Added the lanyard.
It was a fun project and I’m pretty proud of it!
- The Sativa Slingshot (hailmaryjane.com)
- Homemade Laser-Guided Slingshot (techeblog.com)
- The Elementary experience: Meet Slingshot and Plank (omgubuntu.co.uk)
- This laser-guided slingshot is for kids aiming to kill (geek.com)
- Waltrip slingshots past Sadler for Daytona truck win (sportingnews.com)
- Laser-Guided Slingshot (neatorama.com)
- Digital Slingshot Tags Buildings With SMS [Art] (gizmodo.com)
- Laser-Guided Slingshot is Do It Yourself Project for the Family (slashgear.com)