Salt Lake City, Utah, February 16, 2011 – The Logan Ranger District of the Uinta-Wasatch-Cache National Forest invites the public to Winter Trails Day 2011. The purpose of Winter Trails Day is to offer people of all ages and abilities an opportunity to get outside in the winter and enjoy a day in the snow.
What: Winter Trails Day 2011
When: Saturday, February 26, 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
Contact: Lisa Thompson (email@example.com or 801-625-5112)
Join us FREE of charge on Saturday, February 26, 2011, at Hardware Ranch, 15 miles east of Hyrum City, from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm. for an introduction to winter snow sports for the whole family. This year we will offer demonstrations, experiences and information on winter fun including:
- Learning about ways to have fun and stay fit, warm and safe in the winter.
- Discovering nature in the winter through snowshoe hikes, accessible recreation using adaptive equipment, and cross-country ski demos. Trying out equipment available for use at the event.
Participants should wear warm clothing and snow boots.
Winter Trails Day is made possible by the following sponsors: U.S. Forest Service –Logan Ranger District, Utah Division of Wildlife Resources, Utah State Parks and Recreation, Utah State University Outdoor Recreation Department, Common Ground, Top of Utah Snowmobile Association, Cache Valley Sheriff’s Department and the Utah Avalanche Center. Volunteers from local organizations will be on hand to talk about outdoor winter recreation.
About Winter Trails Day: The National Winter Trails organization is now in its 16th year, with free events at more than 100 locations throughout the U.S. (seehttp://www.wintertrails.org for more info). These activities are intended to provide exercise and a chance to enjoy nature, plus most of them involve a minimal to modest learning curve.
- Uinta-Wasatch-Cache National Forest Officials Remind Winter Recreationists to be Safe (shadowwolf32.wordpress.com)
- Southern Paiutes Exhibit at Edge of the Cedars (shadowwolf32.wordpress.com)
- Officers Searching for Poacher (shadowwolf32.wordpress.com)
- Utah Off-Highway Vehicle (OHV) Advisory Council Seeks New Representative (shadowwolf32.wordpress.com)
- Don’t Feed The Deer (shadowwolf32.wordpress.com)
- Logan considers its historical district boundaries ()
- Ranger’s shooter eludes Utah canyon searchers (msnbc.msn.com)
- Search Intensifies for Utah Park Ranger Killer (foxnews.com)
- Manhunt resumes for gunman in Utah ranger shooting (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Logan man changes plea to guilty in homicide ()